Whether you just noticed the unusual sounds last night or they have been slowly worsening over the past week, it’s never a good sign when your air conditioner starts making noises. If this is the case, you should call an AC repair technician to come inspect your unit as soon as possible. Here in Tampa, we rely heavily on our air conditioners to get us through the hot summer months, and knowing when it needs repairs is imperative. We can help you understand what the noises may be signifying, so you don’t panic while waiting for the technician.
Understand the noise!
Your AC unit has a ton of moving parts, and while they don’t usually make noises, on rare occasions a piece might come loose and cause an alarming sound. Here are some of the most common audible clues you may encounter that signify a need for Tampa AC repair services:
- Gurgling: When you hear a gurgling sound, the unit is probably low on refrigerant. The noise originates from air bubbles in the refrigerant line. Your service technician will be able to remedy this for you easily.
- Hissing: A hissing sound usually indicates a leak, which can be a fairly complicated fix. Your AC repair technician will need to check whether the leak is in the compressor or the refrigerant lines.
- Loud humming: Dirt and dust are typically the culprits when your cooling unit starts to hum louder than usual. You should schedule regular maintenance with your Tampa AC company to make sure everything is clean and working correctly.
- Squealing: This sound indicates a loose or damaged fan belt, which will need to be replaced.
- Banging: A banging noise generally means that a part has come loose and needs to be tightened or fastened down. It can also mean that springs or screws holding something in place need to be replaced.
No matter what sound you hear, when you call Millian-Aire in Tampa for AC repairs, you can rest assured that you will receive the highest quality of service. We pride ourselves on our fast response times and great customer service, and even offer 24/7 emergency repairs! For more information, call us today at 888-628-0691!