The two main options for heating services in Carrollwood are furnaces and reverse heat pumps. Both systems have pros and cons; our experts can help you choose the perfect heating unit for your home. Here at Millian-Aire, no matter which system you choose, we will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.
If you are thinking of installing a new heating service into your Carrollwood home, consider these facts first:
- Heat pumps: These unique devices are air conditioning units that can work in reverse to warm your home. It does not create warmth; it moves hot air from one place to another.
- Pros: They will work efficiently all year, which will help you reduce your heating and cooling bills. They are also much more environmentally friendly than furnaces, creating up to three times more warmth than they consume.
- Cons: They are more expensive to install than furnaces. Also, in colder temperatures they may require a backup heat source for your Carrollwood home.
- Gas furnaces: These are much more common in colder temperature areas. These units create warmth by burning natural gas. The hot air is then transferred to the air and spread throughout your home.
- Pros: They are less expensive and converts 97% of the gas it consumes into hot air.
- Cons: Furnaces are not as energy efficient as heat pumps.
The biggest difference between these two heating services is their efficiency levels; heat pumps just move the existing warm air, while furnaces must create hot air for your home by consuming natural gas. In mild winter climates, many people will prefer heat pumps because large amounts of heat are not always necessary. Up north, when the winter temperatures are below freezing, furnaces are more popular since they provide constant warmth to your home.
When it comes to choosing a heating service in Carrollwood, you are going to want to know all the facts before installing. You should consider cost, efficiency, comfort, environmental impact, and investment return in order to decide which system is best for you. Call us at Millian-Aire to schedule a consultation at 888-628-0691 today.