Troubleshoot a frozen A.C. with the help of air conditioning service professionals
Oh no! I just kept one of my hands over a supply register and gosh, it’s freezing! I mean ice has formed on my air conditioner! Is it really possible for an air conditioner to resemble an igloo, even during the hot summer months in Hudson? Yes, it is a bizarre situation yet a usual sight. It is abnormal for ice or frost to form on an air conditioner but do not panic. Without wasting any time, just give us a call now at Millian–Aire Enterprise Corp., a top air conditioning service company based in New Port Richey to get to the root of the problem and prevent it from occurring again in the future. For over 25 years, our experts have served several property owners in Clearwater, Dunedin, Lutz, Palm Harbour, Spring Hill, Tarpon Springs and Tampa with both air conditioning repair and installation services. Here, first we will be discussing about the 3 most common reasons as to why such a thing occurs:
- Refrigerant leaks- Refrigerant leaks can cause pressure drops in the evaporator coil of an A.C., thus, allowing moisture in the air to freeze up and accumulate on the coil.
- Low night-time temperatures- If the night-time temperatures are very low, i.e., below 60 degrees Fahrenheit, then the A.C. will not function properly and freeze-ups can occur.
- Limited airflow from the A.C. vent- Dirty air filters that block the flow of air passing through your ducts is the main reason of insufficient airflow, thus, resulting in the air conditioner to overcool itself, which in turn means ending up with a frozen coil.
Now quickly tell me how to troubleshoot the problem
We can help you to troubleshoot your frozen air conditioner in 2 ways as given below:
- If the problem is due to refrigeration leaks, then switch off the air conditioner- When the mercury level falls, first turn off the air conditioner and then call us to repair the refrigeration leak other the unit may freeze again.
- Check the air filter– If the air filters are clogged and dirty, first and foremost clean it with water and a mild, water-based detergent. Still if it is not working properly at all, then get it replaced them with a new one. Whatever decision you take, just ensure that there is nothing that is restricting the airflow to the A.C.
This is how our AC experts can help you to get your air conditioner back on track as fast as possible. So, get in touch with us today by calling us at (888) 628-0691.