Here in Tampa, no one wants to go through a 95-degree day without a fully functioning air conditioner, which is why regular air conditioning maintenance is so important! Instead of discovering you have a broken unit by waking up covered in sweat; you will be able to catch small problems early by replacing parts as they begin to wear out. Not only will this save you stress, but it will also save you money!
Signs You Need AC Maintenance:
Here are a few signs you should be aware of that may indicate the need for regular air conditioning maintenance in Tampa:
- Excessive noises: While most AC units will make some noise while cooling your home, excessive or unusual noises generally signify that something has gone wrong. With regular checks, you may be able to catch a worn out fan belt before it completely snaps. And this doesn’t only include sounds that come from your air vents. If your outdoor compressor begins to screech or make a banging noise, you should shut it off immediately and call a professional.
- Not producing cold air: This may be one of the most obvious signs that something is wrong, since it is not performing its most basic function. However, don’t worry that you will need to replace the entire unit; this may just signify that you need upkeep or simple repairs.
- Weak airflow: An older system might gradually start having a weaker airflow, but a drastic change can indicate a larger issue.
What Is AC Maintenance?
At Millian-Aire in Tampa, we offer air conditioning maintenance plans that are personalized to your home. However, some people are still curious as to what our plans include. The more common tasks we perform are:
- Check the refrigerant level to make sure your AC unit isn’t working harder than necessary. We will also check to see what type of coolant you require; newer units use R-410a, while older ones require R-22.
- The condensing coil is responsible for cooling the unit, and dirt and dust can settle on it, reducing its effectiveness. We will make sure it is clean to ensure the unit is running as efficiently as possible.
- Air filters catch toxins that can negatively affect your family’s health and decrease indoor air quality, which is why we will make sure you always have a fresh one when necessary.
These are just some of the air conditioning maintenance services we offer at Millian-Aire! Each plan is completely customized to fit your exact needs, and our technicians will be able to keep your home cool all summer long! For more information about our maintenance plans, call us today at 888-628-0691.