When it comes to HVAC maintenance in Oldsmar, it can be difficult to know which tasks you can do yourself, and which require a professional. As a homeowner, knowing where to save money is a must; however, trying to do something yourself when you shouldn’t could end up costing you a lot, and possibly even lead to injury. Regular maintenance will keep your unit running great, which means its life will be greatly extended.
DIY vs. Professional
So, what HVAC maintenance duties can you do yourself, and what should you leave to the Oldsmar professionals? Read on for more information:
- Keep the air filters clean. Regularly changing these will lower your energy consumption, as well as increase your indoor air quality. In the summer, you should be changing these filters once a month.
- Clean around the unit. Keep leaves, twigs, and other vegetation at least three feet away from the unit. Otherwise, it won’t be able to pull in enough clean air, and may get clogged.
- Clear the drain. This is better to have a professional perform, since it can get a bit technical. When water cannot escape, it can damage the drywall, causing mold growth and additional problems. A dirty drain causes the unit to work harder than necessary, and produce even less cold air.
- Clean the indoor and outdoor units. To keep the outdoor condenser fan running efficiently, a professional technician will need to thoroughly clean the fan blades. This will increase the unit’s ability to cool the air by filtering out dust.
Reduce the Need for Repairs
Help your unit to do its job, and lower the need for repairs by keeping up with HVAC maintenance in Oldsmar. Some other energy and money saving tips include using a programmable thermostat, sealing doors and windows, and using fans to cool your home.
- A programmable thermostat will keep you from cooling an empty house during the day. You can set it to turn on 30 minutes before you come home so you can still walk into a comfortable temperature.
- Sealing doors and windows correctly will ensure that no cold air is escaping to the outdoors; you don’t want to pay for cold air you don’t get to enjoy!
- And lastly, setting the thermostat two degrees warmer, then turning on fans will keep you comfortable while still saving you money.
At Millian-Aire, we can take care of all of your HVAC maintenance needs in Oldsmar with our Millian-Aire Club. This maintenance program offers clients personalized services, along with 24/7 amenities and a 100% satisfaction guarantee. For more information, call us today at 888-628-0691.