Homeowners often forget about the indoor air quality for their New Port Richey home. However, air pollutants are not something that should not be overlooked; many of these toxins are linked with numerous health problems and diseases including asthma, respiratory tract infections, lung disease, and even a few types of cancer.
Millian-Aire knows how important the health of your family is to you, which is why we offer a wide range of services to keep your air clean and your family healthy. Not only will we keep the air clear, but we can also tell you which household products you are using that may be needlessly increasing the amount of airborne toxins in your home.
Why is Air Quality Important?
The indoor air quality of your New Port Richey home not only affects your health but also the structural integrity of your home. Poor air quality can result in structural rot within the walls and around the window framing, caused by excess moisture. In the last few years, it has become more and more apparent that the air within our homes can be even more polluted than the air outside. Paired with the fact that most of us spend up to 20 hours a day indoors, it is imperative that the air inside your home and workplace is as clean as possible.
Regardless of whether you live in a rural or urban area, indoor air quality in New Port Richey affects everyone. The best way to reduce airborne toxins in your home or office is by switching from solid fuels like coal to cleaner and more efficient energy technologies.
What Pollutants Are You Breathing?
There are countless contaminates that can contribute to you indoor air quality in your New Port Richey home. While appropriate ventilation can help, the best way to lessen pollutants is to eliminate them all together.
Some common air pollutants are:
- Biological toxins: Pollen, animal dander, and dust mites can cause infections or even trigger allergic and asthma reactions. The best way to reduce these triggers is to wash bedding frequently, keep animals off of furniture, and careful cleaning.
- Secondhand Smoke: Secondhand tobacco smoke contains up to 200 different toxins and is responsible for causing pneumonia and respiratory tract infections, especially in young children. This smoke can also cause otherwise healthy children to develop asthma. This is one of the easiest ones to reduce, just by not smoking inside the home.
- Combustion: These pollutants will originate from fuel burning stoves, heaters, and furnaces. They can allow dangerous gases into your home that are virtually undetectable; carbon monoxide and nitrogen dioxide are both colorless, odorless, and can be fatal. Making sure all combustion appliances are installed correctly, and used properly is the best way to reduce these toxins.
These pollutants and many more can cause a multitude of dangerous health problems to you and your family. Children and elderly are especially susceptible to airborne toxins and can have a harder time recovering from an illness.
How to Get Started:
When you call us at Millian-Aire to test your indoor air quality in New Port Richey, we will perform three separate phases to identify the source and better the air quality.
These three phases include:
- Source control: Find the actual source of toxins and remove or reduce it.
- Ventilation: Mix indoor and outdoor air together to refresh the house.
- Air cleaning: This will control the amount of airborne toxins that are present in the future.
When we perform all three of these steps together, you will experience the cleanest and best air quality possible. We have a wide variety of products and services that are precisely designed to keep your home and office’s air healthy and breathable.
To get started on your indoor air quality testing in New Port Richey, call us at 888-628-0691 today!