We all know that air conditioning repairs in Oldsmar can get expensive; but do you know how to reduce the chance you will need them? As a responsible homeowner you should know how to take care of all your big appliances so they will last as long as possible. The summer heat is upon us here in Oldsmar, and you don’t want to need to call for repairs on a 90 degree day.
Here are some quick and easy ways to reduce the need for air conditioning repairs:
- Regular maintenance. Regular scheduled checkups will keep your AC unit running as efficiently as possible. This will also allow you to repair small parts as they wear down, instead of waiting for the entire unit to break down.
- Stay in the shade. It makes sense that an air conditioner in the shade will cool more efficiently and not work as hard when it is not baking in the sun all day.
- Keep the thermostat cool. Don’t put lamps or other heat producing appliances near the thermostat; it will sense the heat and cause the AC unit to keep running longer than necessary.
- Use fans. Keeping ceiling fans running will keep your home cooler, and will use much less energy than running the air conditioner longer.
- Cover the windows. Use curtains or blinds to block direct sunlight from your home; this will keep the temperature down, not making the air conditioner have to work as hard.
While you can do everything possible to reduce the need for air conditioning repairs in Oldsmar, sometimes you will need to call a professional for help. At Millian-Aire, we offer 24/7 emergency services, so you never have to wait until the morning if your AC stops working at 9 pm. We offer AC installation, replacement, repair, and maintenance, so we can assist you, no matter the issue. For more information, or to schedule a maintenance check, call us today at 888-628-0691.