As a homeowner in Oldsmar, it can be a tough decision when you have to choose between repairing or replacing that old AC unit. And when you do finally call for air conditioning services, you might still be unsure, but one thing is clear- your air conditioner needs help. While buying a brand new unit is a large investment, it may actually save you money in the end. Instead of constantly paying for repairs for an inefficient, older unit, installing a new old will allow you to live worry-free, and save on your electric bill.
Repair or Replace?
If you are still uncertain, before calling for air conditioning services in Oldsmar, consider these signs that it’s time to replace!
- Your home isn’t comfortable. Is it a constant struggle to keep your home at a comfortable temperature? Is your home always warmer than what the thermostat is set to? If so, your AC might be running efficiently. If it isn’t going to keep your home cool, replace it with a unit that will.
- Costly repairs. If you need costly air conditioning services or repairs, it is always a good idea to weigh the cost of a new installation against the cost of repairs. If the cost of the repair would cover a large portion of the cost of a new unit, it is more financially responsible just to buy a new one.
- Air conditioner is older. While a well-maintained unit can be expected to last up to 15 years, if your AC is 10 years or older and you are faced with constant and expensive repairs, you should consider replacing it.
- Recurrent breakdowns. If you find yourself calling Millian-Aire every month because of a new problem with your HVAC, it may be time to look into purchasing a new unit.
- Low SEER rating. If your current air conditioner has a low SEER rating, it is costing you a lot to run each month. Right now, all AC units must have a rating of 13; if yours is lower, it is running very inefficiently. Replacing it with a more efficient model will save you a great deal of money.
If any of these signs sound familiar, call Millian-Aire for air conditioning services in Oldsmar. We offer installations, replacements, repairs, and maintenance, so that we can help you no matter what issue you’re experiencing. For more information, call us today at 888-628-0691!