As any Tampa HVAC company will tell you- the more efficient your air conditioning system is, the more money you’ll save on cooling costs. It is not uncommon for summertime temperatures in the Bay area to reach the high 80’s and 90’s. Millian-Aire knows homeowners want to keep their home cool, without breaking the bank with energy bills. The best thing to remember about keeping your house cool is that the little things make a big difference; for example, using fluorescent bulbs instead of incandescent ones will provide the same light while using less energy and producing less heat.
Some Tampa HVAC company tips for keeping your home cool and comfortable are:
- Keep the sun out of your home: When you aren’t home, or when the sun is at its hottest, use shades to cover the windows. Not only will your house to feel cooler, but your air conditioner will not have to work as hard.
- Give your air conditioner a break: On cooler evenings and nights, turn the thermostat to 78 or 79 and use ceiling fans to cool your home. By doing this, you will save energy while still keeping you comfortable.
- Run heat producing machines at night: This includes the drying cycle of the dishwasher, and the dryer; these both produce heat, and if they run during the day, your AC will have to work that much harder to keep your home’s temperature down.
- Have your air conditioning unit serviced regularly: Have your Tampa HVAC company check and replace any filters to make sure everything is always running as efficiently as possible.
- Make sure AC pipes are sealed: If there are openings in the pipes, connections, or vents, cold air might be going outside or into your attic, rather than into your house. Call a professional to inspect every connection, and caulk any leaking areas to seal them.
To make sure your AC unit is running as efficiently as possible, call a trusted Tampa HVAC company like Millian-Aire as soon as possible. We are available 24/7, so don’t be shy about calling too late or too early; someone will always be there to answer your call! To schedule a free estimate, or for any other questions about staying cool in summertime, call us at 888-628-0691 today!